Compromised is anything but what its title suggests. Its aggressive, roots-rock stylings are reminiscent of Forbert's 1992 album The American in Me.
From the rambling piano and horn-driven swing in "Big Comeuppance" to the seductive twang in "Devil (Here She Comes Now)" to the ironic romanticizing of Altamont in "Welcome the Rolling Stones," Forbert has followed his muse to the hilt. "It's all about the songs," Forbert acknowledges, "and the songs are about the inspiration. For me, if you have the inspiration, then you have to make the commitment to getting the song as good as you know it should be. Then making an album-a finished product-is your next challenge."
Here are all the details on the new CD release:
1. Compromise 3:19
2. A Big Comeuppance 3:49
3. When I Get to California 3:13
4. Drink Red Wine 3:07
5. Welcome the Rolling Stones 3:10
6. Rollin' Home To Someone You Love 3:04
7. Send in the Clowns 4:02
8. I Don't Know If You Know It 3:30
9. Devil (Here She Comes Now) 3:31
10. Time Seemed So Free 3:20
11. Whatever, Man 3:52
12. You'd See The Things That I See (The Day John Met Paul) 3:37
13. Devil (Here She Comes Now) -- Americana Version 3:27
14. When I Get To California -- Americana Version 3:26
15. Whatever, Man -- Americana Version 3:46
We know that we can't beat Amazon, but by purchasing the CD directly from the artist you're giving all of your money to the artist!